The Burbank Group of Companies ("Burbank") recognises the importance of your privacy and treats personal information provided to us with respect and integrity. We comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. Please read the following policy to understand how Burbank deals with the personal information that it collects about you.
Collection of personal information
Burbank regularly handles and transfers "personal information" (being information which is capable of identifying an individual) between Burbank Group of Companies. Burbank collects personal information from a wide variety of sources including our website, during telephone calls and directly from customers. The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend upon what dealings you may have with us.
At the time personal information is collected or as soon as practicable thereafter, we will advise you of the legal and other consequences of you not providing the information (if any) unless any of the consequences are obvious in the circumstances.
Sharing personal information with other organisations
Use of personal data
In general, our policy is to only use your information for the purpose for which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected. We may also use the information collected for any other related purpose for which you may reasonably expect it to be used. Some of the purposes for which we commonly use your information are as follows:
- to assist in providing our products to you;
- to assist with any calls that you make to us;
- to communicate promotional offers and special events; and
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
Purposes for handling personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of the purposes for which we handle that personal data, except where our collection or disclosure of the personal information is required by law. Personal information should only be handled for purposes notified or obvious to you, and only subsequently used or further communicated where not incompatible with these purposes.
Access and updating personal data
You are welcome to request access to any personal information held about you by Burbank. To obtain this information please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. Where we do not agree to provide you with details of personal information, we will give you reasons why. Personal information should be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. Please contact our Privacy Officer to notify us of any changes to your personal information.
What information will be collected by us
The personal information about you which this Website may collect includes:
- information collected when you register or update an online profile, which may include personal data such as your name and contact details;
- information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools and calculators;
- the content of electronic forms you submit via this Website, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the Website;
- any messages or comments you submit to us via this Website, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- information submitted if you participate in an online survey or competition;
- information collected when you submit your resume or application to us for consideration of employment.
You may browse some information-only areas of this Website without providing any personal data, however we may not be able to provide you with the information or services you are interested in through this Website if we are not provided with the information outlined above. Like many commercial websites we may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to this Website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the following:
- your computer system Internet address;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous sites you have visited; and
- the type of browser you are using.
This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the Website and for statistical purposes. We will not make an attempt to identify users of browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our system server logs.
Use and disclosure of information
In addition to providing our products and services to you, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you for some of the following reasons:
- where you have requested it or in accordance with privacy laws, to provide you with information relating to Burbank Group or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- purposes related to the Burbank Group's research (including market research), planning, product and service development, security and testing;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of this Website;
- where you have provided your resume, to consider you for particular jobs that may arise in the Burbank Group;
- where Burbank suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in the Burbank Group.
We may share personal information collected through the Website within Burbank and with third parties. Third parties may include our service providers who assist us in providing this Website and our products and services such as organisations who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility and security services. Website data (including personal information) is stored on servers located in Australia, and operated by Burbank or its service providers.
How we handle email and "Contact us" messages
We may preserve the content of any email or "Contact us" or other electronic message that we receive. Any personal information contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Website Privacy Statement. The message content may be monitored by our service providers or our employees for purposes including compliance auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
We will only record your email address if you send us a message. Your email address will not be added to a mailing list or for any other purpose without your consent.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of personal data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and individuals should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to information
This Website may allow you to register to use this Website or sections of it. If you are a registered user of this Website, you may be able to access and update the information on your profile in the applicable section of this Website, subject to any authentication and authorisation considerations, which exist to protect your security. If you wish to request access to any other personal information which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this Website Privacy Statement, please refer to the "Contact details" section below.
Privacy concerns or complaints
If you have any queries or concerns about your personal information, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer for assistance. We will take all reasonable security measures to protect your personal information. Burbank has physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Data stored electronically is protected by both internal and external firewalls and access to electronic records is limited by passwords to authorised personnel only.
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below if you wish to:
- request more information about how Burbank manages personal data;
- make a request for access to any personal information that we may hold about you; or
- make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal data.
Any information that we provide in response may be limited to the extent permitted by any applicable law.
+613 9328 0333
+613 9328 0222
Changes in the future
References to Burbank are to Burbank Australia Pty. Ltd (ABN 91 007 099 872) which has issued this policy. This policy is also adopted by all Burbank subsidiaries and associated companies which are subject to the Act.
Burbank reserves the right to change this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by posting an update version of the policy on our website at www.burbank.com.au